Old? Antique? Vintage? Classic? I report, YOU decide!



The "Old" CME6



The "New" CME6


CME6 is short for Colton Motor Express, the name of my rig.. It's a classic old 79 Georgie-Boy.. I like old stuff. I spose I got it from my dad while growing up in a small farming community in south eastern South Dakota. We seemed NEVER to buy something new. If it broke, we fixed it, If we didn't have it we made it or 'scrounged' one up.

I probably spent more time with my dad [my best friend, looking back..] in 2 years than most kids would in their entire time at home. Today I think of him as I tinker all day fixing the refrigerator light switch rather than buying a new one for $2.49.

I really like this rig. The 'ol girl is rock-solid. Tripple Heavy-duty everything. Solid 1-piece truck frame, Big 'Ol Chrysler 440 C.I. fuel injected engine and simple running gear. The only computer on this rig is the one I have is on my lap!

This 'ol GB came with ammenities you wouldn't find on most other RV's for the next 10-15 years! She rides a bit rough, but she "lives and sleeps" real nice.

My brother Eldon and I recently took out the carpet and put in laminate flooring. WOW! Good Idea! The under floor was 3/4" plywood. [like new] He also doubled Lynda's cupboard space by creating mid-shelves in them.

I've spent some 6+ years 'customizing' the interior and exterior of this classic Georgieboy... It now fits me 'an Lynny like a glove. I would hate to part with it..

Have you ever built a Hot Rod?? Would you trade it for a newer Lincoln?? I wouldn't!! That's the way I feel about my rig.. It not only meets all our RVing wants and needs, it is a part of us. In other words.. "It's Home"!!!

Brother Eldon and his wife Dorothy also full-time. He's not hung up on old stuff, He cruises in an elegant Dutch Star! Maybe he'll someday be COLTON MOTOR EXPRESS #2HERE! .......Ya, he's a lot older than I am. :)




This is Lynda... "Mahoney".. my 'better' half. Wow.. That is a total understatement. 39 years with me. She loves me.. says she can't help it.. :) It's paying off in spades now, for both of us. :)










My main 'base camp' mechanic. Cody Jackson and his cat taking a break from the hot sun... [he's now six!] Ya, Tom Cat is still with us also...

Update:: 5/08.. Ol' Tom died a month or so ago.. buried him here on the place he loved.. R.I.P!





Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?